Monday, April 27, 2009

Modern Midas's

I really enjoyed group fo's video today that was very clever and it turned out really good. I like the story of Midas because I too know a lot of greedy people. Often times when people ask me what I'm going to do with my major and I reply that I have no freakin' idea, they question why I would pursue a major that has such insecure career opportunities. I answer that people have lost their sense of passion and focus soely on majors that can grantee them a secure job that makes them lots of money so they can grow up get a job, get married to a good looking suitor and support them and their children for the rest of their lives. BOOO! That fantasy rarely plays itself out and besides how boring. I like to answer these people with sarcastic answers like, oh I'm just going to write a best seller and make a million dollars, then I'll never have to work again! ha.  Then they are  stuck there thinking that I'm the ass... haha, if only they knew. Greed makes you the ass, buddy! People have lost the concept that dreams can become reality and I think that is a big reason why society pushes students to have a secure major that is going to secure them for the rest of their lives. I am glad that I am not secure, because the places that pursuing my passions will take me is probably going to be a lot father and a lot more fun than securing my future with money.

No comments:

Post a Comment