Sunday, March 8, 2009

Apology to Group 3

I would have to say that I am a victim of Plato's fear that our memories are not as good because we have so many other things to depend on. For instance, I was suppose to meet my group in the library today at 3:30. Instead, I was vigorously cleaning my apartment, which wasn't that much fun anyway and I would have been much happier had I remembered. So, I'm sorry to my fellow members for not being there. I would love to hear what you guys talked about, an e-mail (gbasirico@gmail.com) would be great, or we can just catch up in class tomorrow. Once again, my bad. See you in class.

Jenny-Lynn your memory amazing me, and your performance was beautiful. I wonder sometimes how we might have changed the fate of memory, or if it was inevitable. This is not the first time my memory has failed me however, big surprise I know... Perhaps it is a defect in our educational system. Not to blame anything else for my bad memory, but we are not required to memorize things like in Plato's time, for instance, where pens that recorded brilliant lectures did not exsist. However, I think the real fault lies within each person individually. Unless gifted with one of those brilliant memories, I think that we should attempt to train our memories to be better by forcing ourselves to memorize passages like the one Jenny did. It shows a real strength in personality when someone takes the time to memorize something so timeless. I have taken it upon myself to improve my memory and I found this website on google with some techniques to improve memory. If you to suffer from a terrible memory like me, check it out. together we can save the memory!!!

http://www.mindtools.com/memory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment